All this time, I have been calling all types of checkered prints, well, "checkered". Apparently, there are numbers of different types of checkered prints/patterns available in the market. You might have encountered some of them already such as button-up shirts, handkerchiefs, ties, and etc. Today, we will classify them.
- Tartan - usually seen scottish kilts and button-up shirts
- Glen Check - usually seen in men's coats
- Madras - usually seen handkerchiefs
- Houndstooth - usually seen in skirts and coats
- Pin Check - is like a polka dot print but with cubes instead of dots.
Left to right:
- Gingham - usually seen in picnic blankets
- Shepherd's Check - this print reminds me of a school uniform I wore when I was in elementary.
- Tattersall - usually seen in button-up shirts and handkerchiefs
- Windowpane Check - usually seen in button-up shirts
- Graph Check - usually seen in button-up shirts